Alphabet Parties – Letter ‘Y’
Yellow yowies yodelling?
Alphabet parties are all the rage these days. People have parties based on the first letter of their name (e.g. Alice will have an ‘A’ theme party and Orville, an ‘O’ theme party). If your name’s Xavier, and you have more than four friends, use your surname.
- Yellow – have a party with yellow decorations, yellow costumes and yellow food!
- Yellow submarine and the Beatles
- Yes, yes. Make it a rule that everyone must answer “yes” to any question… and then watch them try to turn the question around like the best of politicians. If that’s too scary, make “yes” the one word that nobody is allowed to say. Use the fines as a fundraiser. Would you like a drink?
- Yeti – or go local with the Kilcoy Yowie
- YMCA and the Village People. Need a reminder? Here is their official site and youtube videos
- Yoda – Star Wars Party
- Yokel – dress and talk like country yokels – see this Two Ronnies video if you need some pointers.
- Yoko Ono – Beatles Party
- Bananas (in or out of their pyjamas)
- Bananas, custard, yellow jelly
- Mustard and mustard pickles
Dress-ups – Jobs starting with ‘Y’
Dressing up as an occupation gives you plenty of scope for creativity and indulging in a little humour. Think about how characters with these occupations have been characterised in films and television. Use accessories and catchphrases to exaggerate their qualities and give plenty of clues. Some occupations beginning with Y are…
- Yodeler – warn the neighbours!
- Yellow cab driver
- YMCA volunteer
- YOGA instructor
- Youth worker
- Yeast maker
- Yogurt maker
- Yes Man
- Y-fronts – all those superheroes that wear their underwear on the outside.
- costumes starting with Y from Jokers Masquerade
Places starting with ‘Y’
Select a country, city or place beginning with R and use that as the base of your theme – Yugoslavia, Yemen, …
Food starting with ‘Y’
Eat it or dress-up as it
- anything yellow
Make your own decorations with A4 sized templates from 0to5.com.au- letter Y