The 90s are not that long ago, but that doesn't mean you can't throw a 90s party. This party lets you enjoy (ironically or otherwise) all the fabulous fashion and music of the last decade of the century. Browse down the page for food and party game ideas.
This decade brought the internet, modems, mobile phones, computer games.
90s Clothing and Costumes
- Early 90s: Layered and frizzed hair, under-cuts (haircut for boys), shell suits, leggings, ‘Blossom' hats, hypercolour, high-waisted jeans, bright colours, baggy pants, flannel tops, Nike clothes, Doc Martens.
- Later: Pierced belly buttons, metrosexual-wear, spaghetti-strap dress over a crop top, the ‘Rachel' haircut, butterfly hair clips, cargo pants, cup of Starbucks coffee, WWJD bracelets, Bootleg jeans.
- Angels Fancy Dress – the leading fancy dress shop in the UK with costumes for every occasion. Top quality costumes, they deliver UK and international. See their 1990s costumes.
- Jokers Masquerade – A large range of high quality fancy dress costumes and accessories. Based in England with UK wide and international delivery, (excluding U.S and Canada). See their 1990s costumes.
90s Party Ideas
- Decor – Grunge posters, Posters of stars, movies and TV shows, technology-themed colour scheme (silver)
- Themes – Computers and the internet – including classic games like Pacman and Tetris, Grunge, Hypercolour, Metrosexuals, Novelty Rappers (MC Hammer, Sir Mix-a-Lot, Vanilla Ice), X-Files
- Celebrities – Cindy Crawford, Helena Christensen, Jennifer Aniston, Kate Moss, Lucy Lawless (Xena), Meg Ryan, Mel Gibson, Monica Lewinski, Nirvana, Pauly Shore, Pearl Jam, Salt n Pepper, The Spice Girls.
- Activities – Watch Sex and the City and Friends, do 90s dances like the Macarena and Running Man, Yo-yos, Texting competition (who can send a text message the fastest) and 90s Karaoke.
90s Party Food
The standout party-maker of the 90s was definitely the cocktail, especially the Cosmopolitan. For those that were too young to be drinking cocktails, lollies can set the scene.
- Cocktails and Drinks – Cosmopolitans, Cowboys, Manhattans and Martinis
- Lollies: Pushpops, Warheads, Nerds, Bubble Tape, Edible jewelry