A Roman Empire party can be as lavish (Roman banquet) or as easy (toga party) as you like and can feature the leaders of the Roman military (Marc Antony, Julius Caesar), gladiators and soldiers, and Roman gods and goddesses.
Pairings – Cleopatra and Marc Antony, Cleopatra and Julius Caesar
Roman Empire Costumes
- Greek and Roman costumes from Angels Fancy Dress – the leading fancy dress shop in the UK with costumes for every occasion. Top quality costumes, they deliver UK and international.
- Roman Costumes from Jokers Masquerade – A large range of high quality fancy dress costumes and accessories. Based in England with UK wide and international delivery, (excluding U.S and Canada). (Their Greek costumes are here)
Roman Empire Party Ideas
- Toga party – One of the easiest party types, toga parties were made infamous by the John Belushi movie, Animal House. To create a toga, use a piece of white fabric or buy a ready-made one.
- Gladiator party – Think of movies like Gladiator and the TV series Rome. Soldiers and gladiators can party alongside their military leaders like Julius Caesar and Marc Antony.
- Roman banquet – This involves eating several courses of rich and exotic foods – think spicy dishes, roasts, and anything unusual. And lots of grapes!
- Roman decor – Decorate with vines, white partyware, columns and pillars, and statues.
- Chariot races – Chariots can be made out of cardboard and decorated with lots of red and gold.