You've got a lot of scope with a Hollywood party. You could ask people to come as their favourite movie character or actor, or you could specify a movie genre (action, musical, western, chick flick) or era (silent movies, black & white, talkies, colour, etc).
Hollywood Party Costumes
- Jokers Masquerade – A large range of high quality fancy dress costumes and accessories. Based in England with UK wide and international delivery, (excluding U.S and Canada). Check out their TV and Film costumes and what would a Hollywood part be without at least one Marilyn
Hollywood Party Products & Decorations
Entrance is everything, be sure to have a red carpet and ask your guests to strike a pose for the camera as they arrive. Hire or make your own arch for guests to pose under. Wind fairy lights around it for a sparkle effect. For elegance, stick to red, gold, black and silver and light some candles. For a cheesy Hollywood party, decorate with real or fake palm trees.
Hollywood Food Ideas
- Your food should be as glamorous as your theme. For toasts, martinis, sparkling juice or champagne is a Hollywood must.
- Finger food works best with this theme, such as cheese platters, olives, dips, fruit kebabs and mini sandwiches.
- Bite size desserts include chocolate-dipped strawberries, profiteroles and mini-tarts.
- If you're having a cake, make it dark chocolate with real or edible red roses to decorate.
Hollywood Party Ideas
- For wilder parties, young Hollywood is the most obvious choice. Think Paris Hilton, diva-antics and a fluffy white dog for your handbag.
- Another option is famous Hollywood break-ups. Ask guests to dress as their favourite couples from the past. These can be as zany as Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor or as A-list as Brad and Jen.
- Pick a blockbuster and have everyone dress as their favourite character. Choose one with an interesting wardrobe such as Moulin Rouge or Indiana Jones.
- Having a prize for the best dressed can encourage people to find a costume.
- Alternately you could stage your own Academy Awards and give prizes for Best Actor/Actress.
- Have an autograph book for guests to sign.