What is a party without party food?
Whether it’s a big party with friends and family or a small celebration with best friends, lover or partner, make it an event to remember. Here are some hints:
- Finger food is best for all parties except small dinner parties. Think about the times you’ve had to juggle a glass, plate, fork and then found something needed cutting. If you want to provide meals, make sure that it is easy to eat with a fork only, and there is somewhere for everyone to sit.
- Have a variety and let them choose their own. If guests choose their own, you don’t have to worry about who likes what and how much they want.
- Have some non-perishable food as a stand-by. If you’re finding it hard to judge how much food to provide, be conservative with your helpings of perishable foods, but have plenty of stand-bys that can be opened if needed or else kept for other occasions. These include: potato crisps, corn chips and salsa dips, crackers and unopened dips, nuts, dried fruits etc.
- Remember that your guests are coming for a party, not to be an audience for your cooking or catering abilities. Trying to cook a masterpiece beyond your skill levels could lead to embarrassment.
- Have plenty of non-alcoholic drinks. Water, lemonade, juices etc.
- Avoid large piles of washing up. For large groups, treat yourself to disposable plates and cups.
- Have rubbish bins ready. Have somewhere ready so your guests aren’t left standing with empty plates wondering what to do with them.
- Have a centrepiece ready – the birthday cake, etc.
Choosing tableware and catering supplies to match your party theme pulls it all together.
- The Craft Company is the UK’s leading online cake and cupcake supplies company. Selling ingredients, boards, boxes, bakeware, sprinkles, glitters, decorations, ribbon, moulds, jam making and chocolate making.
- HobbyCraft have a huge range of craft, hobby and decorative products available for delivery UK and international, and UK click and collect. See their party decoration section for tableware.
- Party Pieces has loads of exclusive party kit bundles and great deals for customers.
Chocolate, Treats and Sweet Stuff
- A Quarter Of – Space Dust to Cherry Lips, Sweet Tobacco to Anglo Bubbly Bubblegum, Candy Necklaces to Blackjacks. If it’s still being made, A Quarter Of aim to stock it. Delivery worldwide.
- Cadbury Gifts Direct – The simple, convenient way to buy Cadbury chocolates. Choose from a wide range of Cadbury products, including some not available in shops. “Pick n Mix” to create a tailored chocolate hamper. Delivers to UK, the Channel Islands and BFPO addresses.
- Chocolate Trading Company – Specialises in the finest chocolates from around the world. Luxury chocolates, fair trade chocolates, diabetic/sugar free chocolates, novelty gifts and more. Based in Cheshire, delivers UK and internationally.
- Thorntons – A brand synonymous with indulgence that everyone knows and trusts. Huge variety of delicious flavours and beautifully presented. Delivers worldwide.
Food & Drinks
- Majestic Wine – The UK’s biggest mixed case wine retailer. Mix and match fine wines, champagne, fortified wines, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Waitrose.com Entertaining is a convenient made-to-order food service which offers a vast selection of dishes from canapés to roast beef and indulgent desserts. Host a party, working lunch or afternoon tea with food made to order in 7 days from Waitrose Entertaining. This service is great for a range of occasions, intimate dinners, afternoon tea sandwiches and cakes to conferences and children’s parties right up to large- scale catering events such as weddings or anniversaries.